• Inloggen
  • Registreer
  • Zoeken
Dit topic
  • Overal
  • Dit topic
  • Dit forum
  • Artikelen
  • Pagina's
  • Forum
  • Downloads
  • Meer opties

ICTscripters

Dé plek voor IT

Dé plek voor IT

Aanmelden

Geavanceerde opties
  1. Home
  2. Forum
    1. Alle berichten
    2. Recente activiteiten
    3. Onopgeloste topics
  3. ICT Nieuws
  4. Blog
  5. Marktplaats
    1. Werk
    2. Advertenties
    3. Domeinnamen
    4. Websites
    5. Design & lay-outs
    6. Scripts
    7. Overige
  6. Design
  7. Leden
    1. Actieve bezoekers
    2. Team
    3. Leden zoeken
  8. Downloads
  1. Home
  2. Forum
    1. Alle berichten
    2. Recente activiteiten
    3. Onopgeloste topics
  3. ICT Nieuws
  4. Blog
  5. Marktplaats
    1. Werk
    2. Advertenties
    3. Domeinnamen
    4. Websites
    5. Design & lay-outs
    6. Scripts
    7. Overige
  6. Design
  7. Leden
    1. Actieve bezoekers
    2. Team
    3. Leden zoeken
  8. Downloads
  1. Home
  2. Forum
    1. Alle berichten
    2. Recente activiteiten
    3. Onopgeloste topics
  3. ICT Nieuws
  4. Blog
  5. Marktplaats
    1. Werk
    2. Advertenties
    3. Domeinnamen
    4. Websites
    5. Design & lay-outs
    6. Scripts
    7. Overige
  6. Design
  7. Leden
    1. Actieve bezoekers
    2. Team
    3. Leden zoeken
  8. Downloads
  1. Dé plek voor IT - ICTscripters
  2. Forum
  3. Overig
  4. De lounge

Forum

  • Port Father: beta van een browsergame in Antwerpen 1931, feedback welkom

    Syntax 30 september 2026 om 20:13
  • Luchtvaartsoftware: Hoe technologie de moderne luchtvaart verandert

    saggy2829 30 september 2026 om 19:31
  • Hoe gebruiken jullie WhatsApp voor marketing en klantopvolging?

    aiqanobzfsej5 29 september 2026 om 12:55
  • [PROJECT] Gamekeuring.nl - Hét onafhankelijke keuringsplatform voor maffiagames & RPG's!

    frio 22 september 2026 om 16:40
  • Ictscripters / Koen

    Aaron 22 september 2026 om 15:07
  • 🚀 WE ZOEKEN TESTERS! 🚀

    Lijno 19 september 2026 om 19:37
  • Kweekrijk - van stekje tot Imperium

    Lijno 14 september 2026 om 23:00
  • Crimora.nl

    Jeffrey.Hoekman 8 september 2026 om 18:49

Marktplaats

  • Straatbaas.eu – complete Nederlandstalige en Engelstalige online maffia-RPG

    Syntax 30 september 2026 om 14:19
  • [TE KOOP] CloutClubRPG.nl – Complete Maffia Rap & Street Clout RPG (Kant-en-klaar concept)

    gameBR 29 september 2026 om 16:45
  • 402 Nieuwe Domeinnamen Augustus 2026

    shiga 19 september 2026 om 13:53

English ICTS conversations

  • Tim
  • 11 januari 2013 om 00:02
  • Victor
    Meester
    Berichten
    1.680
    • 16 januari 2013 om 22:13
    • #21

    I'll have to agree with Tim. I am ashamed for the mentality. "I don't care for typo's, I'm just typing it like I would typ in Dutch." Nobody is going to take you seriously if you're speaking like a 12 year-old kid. I don't mean to offend you with this, so please don't take it too personal! ;)

    We almost lost our AAA status, so I wouldn't brag about that.

    Also I do realise that it is rather difficult for us 'dutchies' to speak English with a fluent accent. It's probably because of the way we speak Dutch, our dialect(*) is completely different. However with just trying and speaking you can improve this.

    Last year I completed my cambridge exam with a B. Anyone else who did this exam?

    * Tongval? I'm not sure if dialect is the correct word, so please correct me if I'm wrong about this.

    Met vriendelijke groet,

    Victor
    Beheerder ICTscripters

  • Gast, wil je besparen op je domeinnamen? (ad)
  • Tim
    Expert
    Berichten
    3.685
    • 16 januari 2013 om 23:27
    • #22

    Hi,

    CrimCity, sorry if my previous post might have offended you. I think that you implied a few things differently than from what I meant.

    I love Holland. I'm proud of my country. I would never want to replace it with another country. In fact, I joined a British group of gamers to join UK's biggest gaming festival. The group has its own shirt. I ordered a shirt with my nickname on it and the text "Proud 2 be Dutch" in bright orange. I think you might now understand how much I love my country by just a bit :) But what I do not understand, how is the Triple A status related to this in any way? I wouldn't care if we had the lowest grade. It is only a grade. A grade is represantative but is not always matching reality.

    However, when I see a Dutch person speaking English I often would like them to shut up because both their accent and their grammar are so bad.

    And no, not being capable of speaking with a decent does not automaticly concludes into bad English. But that together with bad grammar and/or spelling does result into bad English.

    The big difference between you and me with just text is simple. People in The Netherlands will tend to trust me more because my Dutch would be more correct than yours as you do not care about grammar or spelling. And internationaly people will also tend to trust me more for the same reason. If would see a website written by you, I would probably leave due to the fact that there was no care of writing properly. It is annoying to read such texts and it makes me not care about such persons.

    I more have a feeling that you are the one being the ignorant, and not me ;) The markets are changing. English speakers are more and more wanted. ;)

    Victor, yes, tongval could be written as dialect in English. However, I think you meant the way we pronounce (uitspreken) things. I partly agree with you on that, this because of;

    From what I can tell we Dutch can easily learn and English and pronounce everything correctly after some practice. A lot of countries are unable to do so. For example English cannot pronounce our Dutch G.
    But on the opposite, compared to the rest of the world. We might have the most harsh language of them all. The tone we speak and the texts we use. A citizen from the United Kingdom might get offended when a Dutch person talks normaly.

    Those are the reasons of why I both agree and disagree with your statement.

    Yours sincerely,
    Tim

    Master student IT-recht en Master student Ondernemingsrecht & software ingenieur
    My Personal profile
    My professional profile (LinkedIn/CV)

  • crimCity
    Loading
    Berichten
    19
    • 17 januari 2013 om 08:58
    • #23

    Never mind, aint willing to continue into this discussion.

    I do however think you two are wrong.
    But its fine, i've read enough to know whats the problem.

    PS: google: "Proper use of yours sincerely".

    Bewerkt 2 keer, laatst door crimCity (17 januari 2013 om 09:39).

Registratie

Nog geen account? Registreer je nu en word deel van onze community!

Nu registreren Aanmelden

Blogs

  • Functioneel ontwerp

    Dees 28 december 2014 om 12:38
  • Access Control List implementatie in PHP/MySQL - deel 1/2

    FangorN 28 december 2018 om 12:35
  • Access Control List implementatie in PHP/MySQL - deel 2/2

    FangorN 29 december 2018 om 12:37

Gebruikers die dit topic bekijken

  • 1 Gasten
  1. Marktplaats
  2. Design
  3. Voorwaarden
  4. Ons team
  5. Leden
  6. Geschiedenis
  7. Regels
  8. Links
  9. Privacyverklaring
  10. Contact
ICTscripters ©2005 - 2026 , goedkope hosting door DiMoWeb.com, BE0558.915.582
Sponsors: Beste kattenhotel provincie Antwerpen | Beste Zetes eid kaartlezer webshop
Style: Nexus by cls-design
Stylename
Nexus
Manufacturer
cls-design
Licence
Commercial styles
Help
Supportforum
Visit cls-design